SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyshackleford333

multi-room speaker wiring questions

We are building a home and I would like to do some in-wall speaker wiring. IÂve done the basics before, now I just want to step up to having a "B" set of speakers to control for outside. So here are my questions:

1) Can I have my "B" set of speakers be 2 speakers outside on the back porch and a set of 2 speakers in the garage? Can wires for both sets of speaker wires go off the same wall panels (L & R) behind the receiver to different wall panels outside and in garage?

2) To control these "B" sets of speakers outside and in the garage IÂd like to put in separate volume controls, but IÂm not sure what exactly to get. IÂve seen lots of the dimmer (round knob) types, but am not sure of the tech specs I would need (and these go between the receiver and the speakers somewhere along the speaker wiring route?)

2b) Can I use on of the regular volume/dimmer controls outside the house? (Under covered porch, but here near Toronto, so we get snow and below freezing to humid and in the 90Âs each yearÂ

3) Is there a good/better/best type of plug to use for the speakers? I just used regular wire-pinch style clips in the wall of my last place; are banana plugs or other style plugs better for attaching the speaker wire to the plates on the walls? (Especially for the outside speakers  they will be under the roof of a covered porch.)

Thanks for the help

Comment

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor