SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathyanddave_gw

You might be a redneck if.........

kathyanddave
17 years ago

Last night I had a Pampered Chef party at my house and during it I had to take out the trash. Not wanting to take it clear to the trash can by the barn, I just set it on the deck. After the party, before bed my husband went out to smoke, and decided it was to far to walk to the trash can so he just set the bag back inside the house until morning so that the animals wouldn't get into it and spread it all over the yard. We went to bed and the next morning while DH was sitting on the couch putting on his boots to go to work (5:00am) He starts hollering at me "Come up here quick, there is a possum under the kitchen table" I was like "Are you serious????" so I get up and sure enough, there he was sitting under the table. He must have already been inside the trash bag when DH brought it in. Then we decide to open the back door and I poked him with a broom expecting him to run away from me and out the door. No, he runs right at me, so of course I drop the broom and jump on the couch screaming (as anyone would do) and the possum then goes behind the entertainment center and settles down in the wires. After about 30 minutes of trying to get him out we decide to call Animal Control (which doesn't open until 8:00 am FYI) but of course with our luck the phones automatically roll over to the police dept. After the police dispach lady stopped laughing she said that she'd send over a couple of cops. About 10 minutes later 2 cops (with their brooms) came over and 45 minutes later they finally got the possum to run out of the house. By this time the kids and I are all sitting on the couch in our pjs watching the show, and my DH and I are late to work. Moral of the story is NEVER EVER be to lazy to take the trash out. I hope everyone got a good laugh at my expense, the girls at my work, and my family sure did.

Comments (6)