SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

My kitchen cupboards fell off

17 years ago

Three out of a set of four, the latter is still up but I don't use it.. It was several years ago, lost almost a complete double set of china and if I had been standing at the stove like I so often do where they came crashing down, I might not be writing about this.

I was at my computer in a back room, and my daughter and granddaughter were in the living room. My cat, now departed, was so scared she hid under the couch, and she didn't spook easily.

I got a partial insurance settlement but got sick and couldn't deal with it, so my kitchen cupboards have been in the dining room for several years now. Amazing what one can get used to.

I've had so many while being either alone or a single mom that it has caused much distress, but after I saw the pictures of the Katrina disaster, it made my problems seem pale by comparison.

In order to repair them now, the whole wall will have to be ripped out, bottom kitchen cupboards taken out, sink, countertop, and the outside wall of the house needs fixed because it wasn't done right when I had it done several years ago. I honestly don't know if I'm going to be able to deal with it, but dealing with moving would probably be worse.

No matter how you choose to live, whether in condo, regular house, apartment, trailer, manufactured housing, whatever, there are always some problems you have to deal with.

Comments (10)