SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danceme

Surprise! The mirror fell off the wall. Now what?

danceme
9 years ago

My husband flew home last night to get back to work (the kids and I are visiting my parents for a little bit longer) and when he walked in he saw that the giant mirror above our master vanity had fallen off the wall and shattered everywhere. It was just plain glass that we were actually going to have framed this week (along with all the other bathroom mirrors) bc we have been finishing the basement, and the painters are coming, so I was going to have them paint the frame pieces while they are here.

So now do I:
A. Just buy a new piece of glass and continue with our plan to frame it?
B. Buy a gigantic framed mirror?
C. Buy two smaller framed mirrors? If I buy two, what size? Our vanity is 6 feet long.

I've never had to buy a bathroom mirror before. I have no idea what to do, and I'm in such a time crunch bc the painters come Wednesday. I have to figure this out fast. We have a custom home that we've been upgrading since we moved in. The mirrors were one of the few things the original owners seemed to have skimped on at the end (when people who build homes are out of money) and wanted to upgrade anyway. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I do want it to look nice. Thanks for any input.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm