SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanka_gw

What to do with the back of our house since the deck fell off?pix

susanka
13 years ago

The deck fell off our house today. DH was under it just 30 minutes before it fell. Thanks heavens neither he nor anyone was hurt. Our house is 3 years old, you guys all gave me a lot of advice through our build, so here I am again. We can put the deck back for zero cost,since it held together well as it went down. (I won't bore you here with the details.) But now we see it as a completely new space we could do anything with. We loved the deck, as it gave us a higher view of the mountain, lake, and meadows. But we'd like to think out of the box and do something creative without spending gazillions, which we don't have. Here are before and after pix. Any ideas, GW friends? Thanks so much for all the help you've given me in the past, and in advance for any ideas you have about this situation!

First pic is 3 years ago, some things are different now, telephone pole is gone, windows are bigger. Second little pic is a couple of years ago with the deck finished. Third and fourth are after the fall.

Comments (33)