SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

I'm back - building again.. 3rd HOUSE since 2007!

tinker_2006
13 years ago

We must be CRAZY!

I would have been lost though without this forum, so what better place to return before we start our new build!?

This will be our 6th home we built since we married almost 25 yrs ago, but our 3rd home since 2007. Long story short...

we were living in FL and decided to move north, bought a beautiful 50 acre farmland, and proceeded to build a beautiful Don Gardner home, The Southerland, along with a brand new barn. We thought (we all do) that we'd be there a while, and spared no expense and built it to exactly what we wanted. We moved in, and 6 months later returned to Florida!

COuldn't find an existing house I likes, but found a model home and a new development and went for it! We planned to stay here as well.. but I just don't love the house, not my style, too dark.. and our development failed, and was recently took over by another builder. Our home value has been hit hard.. but why stay and not be happy.. plus - most of all, we miss the space of land around us!

So, we are looking at a couple 5 acre lots that will offer privacy that we both love. Currently, our house is 3200 sq ft, and we decided it's just too big for us too. We are going to try and keep the house between 1800 & 200 sq ft.. which seems a little challenging.

I've already have been lurking here for weeks now, absorbing all the info.. thanks everyone! We have narrowed what we are looking for, but I need to finalize the floorplan layout, which I'll post for feedback once I do! The exterior we love will be similar to William Pools Eastern Cottage...

Wish me luck!

{{gwi:1479350}}

Comments (12)