SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Embarrassing, Misleading Mail From Magazines, Etc.

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

I just got another one today in the mail: a business-sized envelope, with nothing to identify who it's from, but it says in very large black letters, all caps:

"SECOND NOTICE

OPEN IMMEDIATELY"

Now, what would you immediately think this was? An overdue bill that you haven't paid? That would be my guess and it was DH and DD's as well.

We pay our bills on time, but this did get our attention . . . and I believe that it was designed for just that reason . . . by the publishing company wanting to sell me a subscription to, of all things,

"Vogue Magazine"!

This new tactic just infuriates me!!! It's not the first one I've gotten. They've arrived from car dealerships as well as magazines.

So why do they do it? I have no idea, but for such a formerly (my opinion now) classy magazine to stoop so low to get subscriptions is, IMO, beyond sleazy!

What if my daughter and her friends had picked up the mail for me and seen that? Or our house-sitter? What would they think? What does my mail carrier think???

That I don't pay my bills on time, more than likely.

I'm on a rant and I'm sorry but I just HATE that kind of sleazy tactic.

Sooooooo, does it make me feel all warm and cozy towards the companies stooping to this sleazy way of doing business? Absolutely NOT!

The last thing I would do is support any company that stoops so low and promotes itself so sleazily.

And, please don't tell me that the publishing industry is in bad shape and desperate. In this tough economy, many companies and regular folk are, too. But they don't resort to such tastelessness and crudeness . . . can you tell that I'm really ticked off ;^D

Any ideas of how to get these companies to clean up their act? Anybody else getting this kind of mail lately?

Lynn

Comments (6)