SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

I'm so embarrassed - I got scammed

toomuchglass
14 years ago

I feel awful . Just awful. I've always prided myself on smelling a scam a mile away. I just ruined my record yesterday. A college age kid came to the door selling magazines "for the troops" , part of my payment will be directed to the charity of my choice ... and he's working for points in a contest ... He was so enthusiastic ( and fast talking ) I Stood there and listened to his speel. I said no at first ( thinking in the back of my mind that this is a scam ) but he went out of his way to tell me it's not. He convinced me. DH was in the window whispering to me - don't do it - it's a scam ... but did I listen ? NO . I was so confident that it wasn't. After I handed over a check to him for $65 - he took off. DH told me to look up the company online . Sure enough -- it was on a website with scam warnings. They have 60 complaints , "victims" told their stories - and each one was like mine. They also said there's no way to cancel. My heart just sank . I'm so embarrassed ( but I can tell my pals here ) I feel beyond stupid . I'm just so glad that my DH didn't have a fit over it . He never said I told you so ( thank goodness )

This is going to bother me forever. Thanks for listening...

I needed to tell someone how I feel.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals