Question about Aunt Sadie's Chicken

pat_t

I'm planning on making Jessy's "Aunt Sadie's Chicken" for supper tomorrow evening. What sides would go well with it?

I'm drawing a complete blank - could it be because was the first day of the new semester at school?

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jessyf

Yo Pat

I love this recipe (and Chicken Marbella, very similar)with pasta and/or a good crusty bread to soak up the sauce! Welcome back to school, good luck!

Save    
pat_t

Thanks Jessy - I bought some good Italian bread last night from the bakery. Pasta - it doesn't get any easier than that, eh?

Save    
conniewade

Make homemade spaetzle (easy) and then lightly brown it in a skillet with butter and fresh herbs of your choice.

Save    
colleenoz

I imagine pat has already sorted her menu since she asked over 12 years ago.

Save    
lizbeth-gardener

Now this makes me want to search for "Aunt Sadie's Chicken" !!

Save    
foodonastump

It made me look, too!

Aunt Sadie's Chicken - from Joan Nathan

Ingredients for Marinade:
1/2 cup light olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
1 head garlic, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
4 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
1 cup pitted black olives, halved
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 bay leaves
8 shallots, diced
2 Tbs. olive oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, halved
Two 16-ounce cans artichokes, halved and drained
1 cup red wine

Preparation:
In a bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, oregano and halved black olives. Pour over chicken breasts in baking dish and top with 3 bay leaves. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerator overnight.

After chicken has marinated overnight, saute diced shallots in 2 tablespoons olive oil and drizzle over chicken. Add light brown sugar, halved sun-dried tomatoes and halved and drained artichokes. Pour red wine over all and bake in 350-degree oven for an hour.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Appliances A Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
Farm Your Yard Easy Green: Modern Homesteaders Stake a Claim
With more options for raising chickens, growing edibles and keeping bees than ever, suburban and city folk are rediscovering a lost art
Full Story
Life Discover the Joy of Welcoming New Neighbors
Don't worry about a perfect presentation — a heartfelt note and a simple treat create a wonderful welcome to the neighborhood
Full Story