SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

The invite for someone you don't know!

User
11 years ago

I've heard a few stories but never thought I'd get one of those invites where you don't know who the person is.

Now that I've been staring at this bridal shower invite for a few min. I figured out who it is. For crying out loud, I haven't talked to her in probably a decade! We used to work together back when I was in college and were 'friends' then. Once my job situation changed and wasn't around the area as much she turned into one of those impossible people to coordinate getting together with and was hard to contact. Friendship is a two way street and I finally gave up. Honestly, it was probably for the best as we were both heading very different directions in life. The last time I did try and call (years ago) her number changed. I've often wondered what became of her and a few others.

It was sent it to my parents address with my married last name (I wasn't married back then) and first name spelled wrong. I imagine she didn't send out the invites but would've given them a list.

Anyhow, I just wanted to vent. I currently have mixed feelings over this. Not sure what I'll end up doing yet. In one way it would be nice to see her. In the other sense, I don't care for showers of any kind and am a little irritated over the whole thing.

Comments (20)