SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Non-dairy but protein heavy snacks

lyfia
10 years ago

My daughter just started in a prek4 class at a school where we need to send her with her lunch bag and morning and afternoon snack.

For the afternoon snack I'd like it to be more protein heavy so she lasts until dinner vs. more carb loaded (which would be her choice).

She is allergic to dairy so any cheese or yoghurt is out.

For her morning one I sent a cutie and ritz crackers with peanut butter - gone

For the afternoon I sent an apple and made some trail mix of things she likes (dried papaya, already cracked sunflower seeds, gold fish crackers, and pecans). - She ate the apple, the gold fish crackers and papaya and left the others. Maybe I shouldn't have mixed it up and just sent the pecans or sunflower seeds as there were only about 3 each of the other items.

However, I'm out of ideas for other options that are protein heavy - she doesn't want jerky or dried sausage.

I could try to make a granola bar if the ingredients are fine and then drizzle some chocolate over it (She eats anything with chocolate on it - she's used to dark since it is dairy free). Any suggestions to keep it more protein like and keep them together?

And of course it needs to be easy to eat with fingers and easy to pack in a lunch bag (preferably without worrying about heating/cooling.

Comments (16)