SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
black_thumb

What did I miss? Rodents and terrified (long)

black-thumb
17 years ago

Hi let me preface that I am terrified of rodents and the problem I had last year ran me out of my apartment for over two weeks. I didn't sleep for two days straight before I finally left the premises. I mean did not sleep! Not a nap nothing. I sat up with the covers pulled up to my chin and just listened and watched to make sure it didn't jump up in my bed. If it was in the livingroom I baracaded myself in the bedroom. I finally gave it the apartment and went to my mothers where I slept for a hole day.

Ok over a year ago after living 10 years in my apartment I saw a mouse/rat. I called maintenance and they came out to rodent proof the house. They stuck steel wool and covered that with this foam stuff that swells after it sets in all the holes for the heating and ac vents moved the dishwasher (which is where the hole was) and filled it with steel wool and the foam stuff. Under the kitchen cabinets they filled that will the wool and foam (at the kick space). There was no space around the piping in the bathroom. They laid down poison and some sticky traps. So with everything sealed I felt much better. Turns out they sealed the blasted thing in the house! Not only that but the bugger was pregnant! No wonder it was so big! I finally ordered a rat zapper from ebay. Its a box with a metal plate and it electricutes them when they step inside. I loved this idea since that blasted thing pregnant and all ran over the glue traps and left nothing behind but fur and refused to eat the poision. I didn't want to see the thing so snap traps are out of the question especially if they are still moving.

Long story short after two weeks it finally walked in and bingo dead rat. Of course she already had her litter, this I found out a week later. I killed a total of seven included the mother. It has been over a year and now all of a sudden I see two small mice! Where did they come from. I have checked all the vents to see if they maybe made thier way thru the steel wool and foam. They are all still in tact. I checked behind the refrigerator and nothing. Behind the stove nothing. Under the kitchen cabinets nothing the steel wool and foam still in place. Under the kitchen sink nothing steel wool and foam still in tact. No new holes in the bathroom I have literally checked every room around the entire baseboard and see nothing. NO small crack no hole nothing! I have one last closet to check but given my intense fear of these small creatures that I firmly believe will attack and are out to get me, I am waiting till I get the second mouse for fear that it might be in there. None of the closets have an opening and I have checked them thoroughly including the ceiling for a hole. I haven't spotted any droppings and my plant leaves haven't been bitten. There is nothing for them to eat since I don't really cook (frozen pizza and moz sticks) and the garbage is never on the floor (hangs in a bag from the closet door knob. I haven't found any chewed paper or boxes. (I have one in one closet)

I keep a stopper in the bath tub and the toilet lid closed since I hear that could be a point of entry for them. I have done everything I know how to keep them out of the house. I can't think of anything I missed. I don't want to move out again until they are caught! I hate them and don't mind killing them one bit. Serves them right for trying to live under the roof that they don't pay rent for. I'm not sharing! I really hate the facyt that they are walking aroun MY house like they were invited! There is no food for it to eat ( that just terrifies me more because I think they will attack me) I've moved the nightstands away from the bed and even though my bed sits up really high I still have lifted the bedskirt (It never touched the ground anyway but hey they might jump!)

So what can I do. I have a way of killing them but I don't want them in period. I was good for over a year and yet they have found a way inside. HOW? I'm truly freaking out because I can't find the entry point which means I cannot keep them out! What do I do? Need serious help and not just mental for fearing them the way I do LOL.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz