SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whazzup_fl

Come sit by me and explain WW points!

whazzup
20 years ago

I'm going to have to ditch Atkins and do WW. I feel so deprived on the Atkins diet. (See my "I would kill for a cheeto thread) So I went to the WW website last night and there's just so much information there I was hoping someone would help me weed through it. I have done WW before but it was about twenty years ago and it has changed a little bit.

First, is it necessary to join a meeting group? What about the online membership? Is that necessary too? Let me cut to the chase - I don't want to pay anything if I don't have to. I don't think I need the meetings because I have a good friend who is going to lose weight with me. She's my walking buddy and I will have support at home, too.

Points - can someone explain this to me? I assume there must be a book or something that tells how many points a food is worth. What are flex points? These are points you can spend however you want, is that correct? My main question is, how do I know how many points I should be eating? I've seen the calculator that Sugar posted so I can figure out how to calculate the point value of a food item and I've seen points even listed on some foods in the store. I just don't know how many points I should allow myself in a day. I would like to lose at a good steady rate, nothing drastic.

A few years ago, a friend gave me a little black binder she got from her WW meetings. It has some kind of plan in it and I remember that it also had a book that calculated points from restaurant fare. I'm off this morning to rummage through my closet and see if I can locate that book! I packed it away when I was thin :(

Sorry for the long post. As you can see, I have many questions for you! Thanks for any information you can give me!

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living