SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizannthrope

I Need a New Career

MizAnnThrope
11 years ago

I'd like to start over and do something different.

I've been reading that medical records/technology is a burgeoning field. Does anyone have any experience in this field that can attest to this?

I can't do anything epic, along the lines of an Oprah or More magazine makeover. I'm in my late 40s, so I'm not about to undertake a new "big" career, i.e., become a veterinarian, doctor, engineer, pilot, or do something too physical. Can't start my own business - no funds for that.

Don't mind getting more education, but I'm not willing to take on a lot of debt. I love to learn, though, and am a quick study, so not at all averse to acquiring a whole new set of skills. I'm not destitute, but self supporting since my divorce, so earning a somewhat decent living is necessary.

Of course, I'd love to be an artist or a rock star, but those ships have sailed. ;)

There's a diverse group on this forum, so I thought it might be interesting to tap into your experience. Do you have firsthand info on an area that is growing? What would you do if you were to start over, and why?

Comments (27)