SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monkeytreeboy15

help me find a career in conifering!

monkeytreeboy15
12 years ago

Hello, friends. I am at a point in my life where I need to decide what I am going to do for my career. As many of you know, I have a profound interest in conifer trees, especially dwarfs and their use as ornamentals.

I would like to be able to have a career cultivating rare conifers and discovering/introducing new cultivars through grafting. Later this month I will have an amazing opportunity to learn how to graft from Bob Fincham, and I hope this will help me to better understand the concept and process of propagation.

I also enjoy photographing plants, and I would love to take pictures of plants for publications or nursery catalogs.

I am currently volunteering at a non-profit garden in my community, Albers Vista Gardens. I take photographs for our website; I manage the plant database; I am also responsible for selecting and ordering new plants for the garden and orchestrating delivery. I have been honored to have a section of the garden named after me, and I have chosen many new plants to place in this location. Group plantings and aesthetic appearances are another exciting attribute of gardening with dwarf conifers.

I would love to find a job that can utilize these skills and passions of mine. If you could give me any advice or references about how I could get a job doing what I love, I would be forever grateful! Thank you so much for your willingness to help me "cultivate" my interest in conifer trees, and I am excited to see what I could do in the future.

Regards, and happy conifering to you all.

-Sam

Comments (9)