SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanny2a

Insomnia anyone?

nanny2a
12 years ago

I have noticed a trend toward complete nights with insomnia increasing as I have aged. I customarily need about 8-9 hours of sleep a night, and feel best rested when I get that amount. It used to be that perhaps once every three months I would have a whole night where insomnia kept me awake. During the past year, this has increased to one or two nights each month, and then in the past two or three months, I find myself wide awake all night as often as once each couple of weeks. I observed my father, in his older age, suffer with the same issues, where he would stay awake all night reading in bed, or wake at 2 or 3 pm and read until daylight. This happened with him probably 3- 4 nights each week.

My coffee consumption is minimal, at most I drink 1 - 1/2 cups per day. When I was younger I could drink it all day long at work with no problems sleeping at night. Does anyone else have problems with this, and what do you do? Could it be due to age, genetics, or does anyone know what causes it? Presently, it has not caused me difficulty during the day, I still can do all I need to do and not feel tired, yet if the cycle continues to increase, I can see where problems could develop.

My bi-annual doctor appointment is not until next month, and I will, of course, address this problem with him, but just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced similar issues, and how you handled it.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville