SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

I just want to say . . .

anele_gw
14 years ago

I feel like giving up trying to do anything for myself. Seriously. Every night, I stay up late doing work for my job, and that's after spending all day with the kids.

Finally, FINALLY, after many long months, I started working on my living room curtains last night. It was my one free night (really, I should have been grading anyway). I have a ton of fabric-- 12 yards, and I only cut out one panel. I left the rest on the floor because it was 1 a.m. and the kids woke up, so I had to stop. I started working on them again today (and really, I should have been grading) and I see drops. DROPS. I smell them. CAT PEE.

Our other cats (who have passed away) never, ever, ever, EVER peed outside the box. I know which cat did this. I know people say pets don't get mad, but I don't believe it. One of our cats is absolutely obsessed with me. He follows me, wants my attention non-stop, will meow outside the bathroom when I take a shower, and, of course, was ALL OVER the curtain fabric, so I had to put him away while I worked (and of course, he was non-stop meowing).

So, now I am just a mess. I don't know what I am going to do with 10 uncut yards of cat pee fabric because it won't fit in my washing machine. I don't REALLY feel like taking it to the dry cleaners since my husband is laid-off (he did just get a contract job, but it's only for a few months), so I'm worried about how $ it would be to clean. Does this mean the cat is going to start peeing on laundry, too? Let me tell you, no matter how hard I try, there ARE laundry piles around here. And finally, I just feel like maybe I am crazy for hoping to EVER get to do anything I want to do, save for watching another stupid house show (all that's on are people buying new homes-- have you noticed???) while nursing/holding the baby-- that's my "break" before I start my work at night.

Does anyone want a cat??????

Comments (9)