SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

EWG - annoyed

User
11 years ago

I discovered EWG (Environmental Working Group) a few years back and liked how it broke down products and rated them on safety. The lower the number the better.

I just realized tonight there's conflicting information with their Skin Deep Cosmetic Database vs. their Skin Deep 2012 (13's not out yet) Sunscreens.
About a year ago I bought Eucerin's Everyday Protection Face Lotion for Sensitive Skin SPF 30 and it was (and still is) scored a 4. Actually, when I first started looking I believe it was a 3 and they had changed the formula.

Tonight I was looking up other stuff and saw it's rated a 7 on the Sunscreen Guide! (I could've sworn before I had looked there.) I would've never bought it in the first place had I have saw that originally.

I noticed changing numbers with other things in the past and wonder if the difference was in which database I was looking.

Sunscreen database
http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2012sunscreen/about-the-sunscreens/435593/Eucerin_Everyday_Protection_Face_Lotion_for_Sensitive_Skin_SPF_30/

Neutrogena's Norwegian FF Hand Formula was another that was a 2 and now is a 3.

In general, would love to find safe, affordable, and easily accessible products. I'm just not into spending $30 + shipping on SPF moisturizer that I have to buy online.

I know I should be reading labels myself and it could be the formula changed. . . I was just bothered by this and wanted to talk about it.

Before the Eucerin I was using Devita's Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30. I was settling for the Eucerin. I see they have the Devita on Amazon for $16.99.

Sometimes I feel like why bother since my foundation and the rest of my makeup isn't rated under a 2.

And why do companies feel the need to put fragrance in everything!?

This post was edited by sheesharee on Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 1:27

Comments (2)