SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkplatow

Does anyone have sketchers Shape-Up sneakers or something similar

lkplatow
14 years ago

Sketchers makes a pair of sneakers called shape-ups that are rounded on the bottom -- supposedly, the extra work you have to do balancing yourself as you walk helps strengthen and tone your legs and butt. Reebok and Avia also make similar claims about their versions of the "shape-up" shoes.

I have been eyeing up the Shape-Ups at Kohls for a while now but they're pricey (usually on sale they run $100). I happen to have a 30% off coupon and another coupon for $10 off $50, so I could get them for $60. Tried them on today and they're kind of comfy, but also felt a bit clunky and strange and they looked really hideous with my usual attire (jeans and a wooly sweater). I had every intention of buying them today and left without them, so apparently, there was something about them that I didn't like.

Just wondering if anyone has these shoes or the similar versions from Reebok or Avia. I did read a review from a doctor of the Reeboks and he did say that they do work as far as increasing muscular effort when you walk. But I'd trust a real-life review from one of you guys more than some internet doctor, LOL!

Anybody have any experience with these? Thanks!

Comments (10)