SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

If you have an interest in Near Death Experiences ...

User
13 years ago

and have done any reading on the subject, can you recommend any good book(s)? I caught part of a program today (on the "Chiller" channel, of all places) - and the bit I caught fascinated me and made me want to read up on the topic.

Since the passing of my dear Grannie, I have been quite naturally thinking of death. While I wasn't there to witness her very last breath, I was there just a few hours before and it was the first time I ever saw someone just hovering at the brink like that. When you see something like that for the very first time, it's quite profound. How I wonder what she experienced. Because I do believe in life after death, I wonder what she now experiences. Before her death, I think I may have actually feared death a bit more than I do now. I find myself more open to the concept, if that makes any sense at all ... simply because she's crossed over, and in a sense, she's "paved the way" for me to do so when my time comes. Do you know what I mean?

The program I saw today made some very interesting points. I believe it was a doctor being interviewed who said that perhaps the human brain is not where consciousness is created, but where consciousness is received. That sort of blew me away ... I've tried to wrap my head around the idea of how all of our inner workings relate to the energy that makes up the very core of who we are - and it's just about impossible for me to think of a brain stem and other "mushy guts" (for lack of a better term!) being the things that make us - us. The notion that these body parts are simply the receptors of this energy that defines us fascinates me. Perhaps that's something others have easily grasped; today is the very first time I've ever thought of it in those terms.

There was an interview with a woman who had undergone an NDE, and she gave an amazing account of what she experienced "on the other side." As so many people do, she was in the midst of her deceased loved ones (she even heard her grandmother calling her name as she began journeying at the point of death), and described an incredible light. She asked a loved one if the light was "God", and was told, "No - the light is what happens when God breathes. Wow.

I'd love to hear what others think about NDEs, and without getting into arguments of a faith-based nature (I so hope we can discuss this openly without offending or insulting, so I just ask if you are going to participate in this thread, please be respectful). As I stated above, I long for any good reading material recommendations.

I also want to add that I hope my numerous threads on this side recently aren't too off-putting. I just have a lot on my mind these days, and find it so nice to be able to come here and share with you all.

Comments (26)