SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

From near death to adoption. Please help this tree. Pic

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

I was hoping I could spare this tree from death.

I have managed to adopt a this plant the other day.

It is called a "Fragran Olive Tree".

This poor thing was left for dead and I had to spare it from the abuse.

The first thing I noticed about this tree was it inability to fight off pest's and the mix it is growing in.

Upon examining the roots, I noticed that many were half dead and the tree was in such a weakened state, that it was nearly engulfed with pest's.

I absolutely know the mix it is in is having a very negative affect on it's ability to thrive and handle stress. I wish I could re-pot in into the gritty mix I use for all my trees, but at this time it is impossible.

I am in fear of causing further shock to it since it is already weak. I did manage to scratch off most of the old soil and shake out much more and replace it with a bagged mix which is something I personally do not typically use, since it was this type of mix that caused it's demise in the first place according to the nursery owner and my evaluation of it.

I wish I had a batch of gritty mix already made, but I did not.

Other than the fact that I will be planting it into a better mix come spring, spraying for pest's and giving it a choice spot in a huge window, is there anything else one could recommend I do to help it along as fast as possible?

It can take years for a tree to grow this size in a pot and I really do not want to loose this one. I am already attached.:-)

Look at all the damage to the leaves and its overall appearance.

Thank you

Mike

Comments (20)