SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

An abandoned Ponderosa tree. Please take this journey with me Pic

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

Hello everyone:

This is a Ponderosa Tree that I got from someone that saved it from the grips of death about 2 weeks ago. His neighbor was going to just put it outdoors to freeze to death.

It has already had a touch of frost, was loaded with pest's, had very yellow and pale colored leaves and dead branches from what seemed was from rotted roots.

It is planted in peat and was fed MG all summer.

As it seems, it has lot's of lost leaves, still some but not as many pale color leaves, is planted in my most favorite mix" peat moss", right, and has damage from pest's. I plan on a change of soilless mix come spring.

Please watch as I hopefully transform this poor thing into something better than when I received it. It is already showing signs of greening, busting out in blooms, and has perked up quite a bit and I no longer see any pest.

Here is what I have done thus far:

1:I have a special wooden dowel stick for this tree to measure for moisture.

2:I fed it with Foliage Pro and vinegar as soon as I got it.

3: I washed each leaf off with milky water and then sprayed it down with Neem Oil.

4: I flushed the soil out with rain water

5: I trimmed off the dead branches.

6: I put it in a full sunny window.

Now the wait continues. I will keep you posted if it should decline or get better. I hope it does well. What a waste it would be to see it die due to neglect.

{{gwi:560955}}

{{gwi:560957}}

{{gwi:560959}}

{{gwi:560961}}

{{gwi:560964}}

{{gwi:560968}}

I would love my friends here to take this journey of recovery with me:-)

MIke

Comments (84)