SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisyinga_gw

We had a wonderful trip to NYC. Thanks for the advice!

daisyinga
11 years ago

Thank you so much to everyone who posted tips/advice for our Christmas trip to NYC. We had a wonderful trip.

We ended up staying in a hotel right off Times Square, so the location was very convenient.

Everyone who suggested cabs rather than the subway...you were right. We wound up not using our subway cards very often. Most places we could just walk to, and the rest we should have just taken a cab.

I asked for advice about places my kids, both in college, would like to see. Nothing turned out the way I'd planned. My daughter was the person most excited about going to NYC. We chose NYC to please her, as my son would have preferred to go snow skiing. It turns out my son got the most out of the trip (although he'd still rather have gone skiing). His favorites were the Blue Man Group, Central Park, St. John's Cathedral, the Met and Junior's cheesecake. He also wanted to see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall. I expected him to like the Blue Man Group, but not the Met. However, I didn't really know much about the Met, turns out. He enjoyed the medieval armor and weapons, Egyptian mummies, etc.

My daughter wound up not seeing or doing nearly as many things as the rest of us. I think her favorite part was probably shopping in the holiday market at Bryant Park or the Blue Man Group.

New York City was full of nice people. I think my favorite part of the trip was just being in and around the hotel. Every time I got on the elevator or sat down in a restaurant there was a family from another country there - New Zealand, Spain, Brazil....

The NYC natives were very helpful. Every time I got completely bewildered some nice New Yorker noticed and helped me find my way.

Thank you again for the advice. It was a wonderful place to visit!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz