SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

My Best Chicken Ever/Le Creuset

amck2
13 years ago

lakemayor's post about her new LC finds made me want to tell you about what DH claimed was "the best chicken" I ever cooked.

The recipe is featured on the cover of Dorie Greenspan's "Around My French Table" cookbook. I have returned it to the library, but I've ordered a copy from Amazon for my own. When I receive it I will post the recipe, but I'm sure you can likely track it down online if you can't wait.

The chicken is first browned, as are the accompanying vegetables. Then you set it, the vegetables, herbs, wine & broth in your cast iron pot. And here's the different part (a first for me, anyway...) You make a simple dough, roll it into a rope shape, place it around the rim of the pot, then squash the cover right into the dough. It's put into a 450F oven for about an hour and the dough forms a tight seal to keep in all the aromas & things in the pot get yummy and juicy.

When you open the pot, (she suggests using a screwdriver to pry the seal open) the aromas are unbelievable! This is a really great cold weather recipe. Ingredients are all easily sourced and inexpensive. It's the perfect casual entertaining meal to serve with homemade bread and a glass of wine.

Comments (3)