SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz

Propane powered tankless water heater?

Anyone have experience with a PROPANE tankless water heater? Would prefer to use natural gas but that is not an option. What can you tell me about cost to run a propane fired model? Any manufacturers whose propane fired tanks seem especially good? Or especially problematical? Any special issues one should be aware of if using propane... other than the fact that liquid propane is more expensive than natural gas? :-(

Oh, and where do you have you tank(s) mounted? I'm trying to decide putting them outside on the back (south facing) wall of my house or up in the attic. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each location?

I'm also considering installing a pre-storage tank to take advantage of our nearly year-round high temperatures here in central Texas. Given how hot our attics get around here, I suspect if one had a reasonably sized storage tank in the attic, half the year you'ld hardly even need a water heater...might even need to add cool water before showering! Anyway, any recommendations on size of the pre-storage tank for a household of two adults?

Thanks

Comments (4)