SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
j_yk

mice poop found in the oven... Help please!

j-yk
12 years ago

I just moved to our new home. We did have an inspection before closing on this home. And the inspector mentioned finding some "old" mice poop behind the gas stove but told me that they were just old and I should not worry about it at all.

Now, we moved into the house 2 months after closing due to getting some renovation done we spotted that some grooves at the top of the oven part has mice poops. We realized that the mice problem might have been more serous than what the inspector said when we saw that the insulation of the dishwasher had quite a bit of mice poop on it (did kitchen reno). Now we saw the poop in the oven... The oven look pretty new - one of those KitchenAid slide-in getting sold for $1699 right now...

The oven's gas is disconnected now since we were doing kitchen renovation. Is it worthwhile to have plumber come back to re-connect the oven to see if it stinks? Or should be just assume that it is a goner?

Getting very upset at the inspector - that wasn't the only oversight - the washer was broken, too - to worked OK through rinse cycle but does not drain/spin... It was not checked all the way.

Any advices on the oven issue will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

Comments (6)