SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tomspy77

Mice problem in third floor apartment, advice needed please

tomspy77
13 years ago

First of all, greetings and thanks for having me here at the forums.

My story is that me and my girlfriend are night owls and about a month or so ago we heard scratching in one of the walls of our frontroom while watching a movie real late one night and in ohur then ignorance thought it was some animal stuck in the wall.

Needless to say about two to three weeks ago my girl was at home and saw a little mouse come and take a seed from beneath where our two cockatiels are.

We Googled mice, told the landlord who gave us two (two!) Tomcat traps and then we cleaned the house.

Bought peppermint oil and GNC and got snake poo from a local pet store and stuck part of an SOS pad in the very small hole we saw on the wall where the scratching was.

Thought we were good but then we saw another last night. We have four traps and have caught nothing but I am thinking of doing the poison route as I want them dead and not on my floor.

My landlord says he will place bait/poison in the boiler room three floors down, but seems uninterested in doing much else and says no one else has them, but we only see them late at night like midnight or later.

We did see them a third time by the way all around our front room and small kitchen.

Posting this from a phone so I will try to be complete later, that is if I'm not too afraid to be near my desk as that is one place they have been near in two out of three sightings.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz