SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parsonse1

I thought this was going to get easier...

Beth Parsons
11 years ago

We're in the final stretch of our build and I think I'm more frustrated now than when we started. The framing and foundation 'challenges' we experienced, while irritating, simply didn't get under my skin the way current issues are. It's possible that because we can see the light at the end of the tunnel I'm less tolerant of delays but I am so ready to take some heads off. Did I mention that we've been living with my Mom and disabled brother for the last 6 months? I have to get this house finished stat!

Our last French door unit was installed an inch off center from the flanking windows on Saturday and even though I texted AND called my builder, it wasn't corrected so on Sunday, the masons bricked around the exterior and the trim crew finished the interior. The trim guys also centered the coffered ceiling incorrectly which had to be ripped out and corrected today and the ceiling patched and resanded as we have smooth ceilings. The master closet built-in's were constructed in a way that we couldn't open the closet door completely even though we specified that nothing was to be built on that wall. To top off my day, the supply house ordered and delivered the wrong crown molding even though I gave them a sample piece of the profile I wanted. The trim crew already had the dining room completed before I saw it and told them to stop installing it & go home. My builder said the suppliers said that *I* was wrong and that they delivered the exact crown that I had given them a sample of a week ago which really has me hot under the collar. We're meeting at the house in the morning - is 8:20am too early for Sangria?

Anyone else having issues with the detail work? I'm not a nitpicky, high maintenance person but I do expect doors to be centered between windows and not 2" closer to one than the other!

Comments (9)