SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucybear05_gw

Coffee Neophyte - Need Advice on Good Machine

Lucybear05
10 years ago

Hello all. Well, the time has come. I am now officially a grown up. I have a large family home, a good job, three kids, and a great career. It is now time to move away from the good ol college days of having a cheap drip coffee maker and/or purchasing whatever slop was for sale at the street corner coffee place.

I am READY for a damn good machine. We enjoy coffee, lattes, etc in this house, but are by no means coffee geeks or knowledgeable about the subject of coffee. So I need advice. Budget is not too much of a concern, though I'd have a hard time convincing my hubby to spend more than 1 or 2 grand if need be.

To date, we pretty much just use a cheap drip coffeemaker to make a few cups each morning. Sometimes on my way to work I stop at the starbucks in my tower lobby and get a coffee as well (though the lineup is ridiculous, so that isn't often).

We do enjoy entertaining, and would like to be able to also offer espresso, lattes, americano's, etc. to guests.

So having said all that, what would you all suggest? To show you how ignorant I am, I don't even know if you can get a machine that does drip coffee and espresso's, etc. all in one machine.

Oh, and I want EASY. I am no coffee geek who would happily take an hour to make the perfect espresso, and then another hour cleaning the machine. Please. I have a three year old and newborn twins. My time is precious and my sanity is wearing thin.

Thank you all for your views!

Comments (16)