Potato Dumpling Recipe?

foodonastump

The other day I was watching Food Network and Guy Fieri (or whatever his name is) was at a German restaurant in AZ where they made Sauerbraten using buttermilk in the marinade. I've never seen that before, sounded interesting, so now I've got a roast marinating in the fridge.

Anyway now I'm looking for a good potato dumpling recipe. My mom makes them out of a box which I actually like but I want to make real ones. Years ago I made them - I believe a Wms Sonoma recipe but I could be wrong - and they were ok but extremely dense. So, anyone have a recipe for dumplings that don't hit your tummy like a rock?

(Peppi, maybe?)

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pkramer60

FOAS, I have never made them from scratch and have no desire to. I won't make spatzle or pasta either. Some things are worth buying.

I buy the Panni or Knorr brands at either the German or Polish stores. Big box stores have them too. I have had homemade ones, and can't tell the differance. Mine have always been light and fluffy. And given the ease after making a saurebratten, it is welcome.

And the leftover ones freeze well. I foodsaver them and re-pheat in boiling water for about 8 minutes. I did this on New Years day to go with the rouladen.

Now saurebraten with buttermilk is a new one for me. Let me know how it turns out. I have to go look at that receipe.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design 5 Home Cooks Share Their Favorite Family Recipes
Peek inside the kitchens of these Houzz users and learn how to cook their time-tested, passed-down dishes
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen Recipes: Factory Cart Inspires a Dream Cooking Space
These homeowners' kitchen was almost nonexistent, so they whipped it up from scratch. See what they cook there and get the recipe too
Full Story
Kitchen Design Christmas Recipes From ‘Love the Coopers’
Get the recipes for dishes seen in the new movie opening November 13
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More