SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Update of W8 Desktop Tiles

jerry_nj
10 years ago

My W8 laptop is still running on W8.0 I have not yet taking the W8.1 update.

Tonight when I clicked on the W8 Tile for Weather ti came up with a banner proclaiming that an update is available and the application will not operate until it is updated. I clicked on update and was offered to pick the tiles(applications) I wanted to update, with an "all" option. I took the "all" and noted that all applications were marked as "pending". I returned to browsing and email and most seemed normal, albeit there was some of the troubling delay -- I associated it with the 32 W8 application update.

Well, now about 4 hours later, with some of the time with the laptop powered down, but most of the time the computer was in a self imposed "sleep" mode. W8 goes to sleep after a few minutes of idle sitting, this may stop everything, that is the update process may not be able to keep the computer operating - seems strange to me if that is the case.

In any case, all of the applications are still marked "pending" - what have I not done to get the update to take place? Do I need to first update the OS to 8.1? There is no such demand being made to me.

Comments (18)