SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
candywa_gw

New Ideas in Crafting

CandyWA
18 years ago

I no longer enjoy cutesy cluttery crafts but that doesn't mean I want my home cold and modern. Quite the contrary. I'm still a huge fan of warm and cozy.

I have always decorated for myself... never according to the dictates of the latest interior designers. When Country Decor hit... I fell in love with it. I didn't decorate that way because it was IN... I did it because it satisfied my need to create and be surrounded by pretty things. It was a fun style and it busted open the crafts industry. It was awesome!

It's not dying out... it's just shifted over a bit.

I've posted a picture of the container I have hanging at the bottom of the stairs. Our home office is upstairs so this container holds bills and paperwork that need to go up. In the "country decor days" I might have used cute fabric... and possibly hand painted wooden cows or sheep with a slogan like, "I love ewe".

That's what I mean by a shift over. This container is still considered a craft... but it's not cutesy. There are no ducks, no ruffles, no raffia or ribbon. It's very functional but not cold or modern.

{{gwi:1476290}}

I'm curious about the changes you have made in your decor. Have you removed the clutter without removing the coziness?

Comments (14)