SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

Miele DishWasher Blues - Are you supposed to pre rinse prior to l

a1an
15 years ago

I've never had a DW ...so bear with me.

Is a DW moreso for sanitizing or cleaning

Have a miele intergrated and I cannot get a load 100% clean at times. Plates just come out with dried remnents - super hard due to heat drying process. Sometimes, small stainless containers are still slightly greasy. Simple things like dinner plates - maybe one or two will still be dirty.

Granted, I have played around with various styles of loading if not soap...

Just short of prerinsing, if not even taking a sponge to grimy pots before I start a DW load, this is the only way I can ensure after the cycle, all plates are clean.

Am I missing something here. Granted, for the most part, all plates are pretty much scraped clean prior to loading.

I recall reading some threads where their Mieles was loaded up to the nil-with some pretty grimey caked on casseroles dishes I couldn't even fanthom NOT PRE-RINSING if I had to load up MY Miele, and the users swear all dishes come out clean. I've checked and triple checked and water softness comes out clean. I'm even usually running it on the hotter cycles too - pots/pans, even though I may be just washing everyday dinnerware for a load of 5 people.

So am I having the wrong expectations, in that in theory, I should be able to load up my Miele DW with scraped clean dishes, and expect each and every single dish that goes in to be clean.

Or am I doing this wrong...and all dishes should be pre rinsed with some really grimey ones pre-rinsed & scrubbed...and the DW primary function is to sanitize.

Any and all suggestions are welcome !

Comments (5)