SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beanthere_dunthat

Am I reading this right?

beanthere_dunthat
14 years ago

The following is a step in a pie recipe. The pie is made in a springrform pan. The way I'm understanding it, the two 17 x 2 pieces are one inside the other, to form a double wall. Does that seem correct? I'm going to try to bold text the part in question.

Text:

Roll out half of the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 10-inch round. Use the bottom of a 9-by-3-inch round springform pan as a guide and cut out a 9-inch circle. Assemble the pan with the sides locked into place, and coat the inside with nonstick spray. Transfer the circle of crust to the bottom of the pan. Roll out the remaining dough and cut 2 long strips, each one 17 x 2 inches. Take one strip and fit it into the pan along the side; have the bottom slightly curve in over the bottom crust. Press the lower edge of the strip against the bottom crust to seal. Brush the short, vertical edges of the side strip with water and press the second strip into place, trimming to fit with about 1/2 inch of overlap. Press the overlapping edges well to seal. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES