SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

Blue Star color sample -- well worth the time to order

sayde
13 years ago

My Blue Star color sample arrived this morning. I'm just writing to say that it was well worth the time it took to go through this step.

The color I ordered for the sample is 8025 Pale Brown. I picked it because it appeared like the best match for the brown tiles in the brown and cream checkerboard floor. The sample is a very close match to the little swatch. But the sample allows you to see color undertones that you cannot pick up from the swatch (unless perhaps you have a much more experienced eye than I). When I ordered the sample I knew it would be a long shot, probably a bit on the light side. And indeed it is. But what I was surprised at was the reddish undertone. Therefore I am going to order a different brown (8028) -- similar chroma, but darker in value. Having the large sample of the 8025 I feel I can safely extrapolate how the 8028 will look at full size.

I think if you have white cabinets and/or you are picking a color that is not required to match anything, you may be able to safely ignore my caution. You can just pick a color that you like. But if you are trying to match anything or even complement other elements in the room, you may want to take the time to get the sample. I am really glad that I did.

Comment (1)