SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

I dont want to mess up my new cookware!!!

Debbie Downer
12 years ago

I am so happy to be able to afford at this point in my life some nice stainless steel cookware - got three pieces of all clad, plus some various other things that I liked.

Im afraid to start using it! I read and understand the instructions that came with all clad, but please clarify for me:

Supposed to use low/med heat, but what about just getting water up to a boil. Is it OK to hurry it along by putting on high, then turning it down? Or just no high heat - period.

OK to use metal utensils?

Do you really use this in an oven? I can't see doing that without getting blobs of stuff burnt on that doen't come off. I just threw out a few cookie sheets that were stained and burned beyond recognition.

My old set had some black burn stains that never came out as well as pitted surface and even one burn spot where the steel layer started peeling away. How to avoid all that?

Finally last but not least - what should I expect will happen with that flawless mirror finish? Will it eventually get all scratched up? Looks so beautiful now I want to be be psychologically prepared for the first bad scratch!

Comments (5)