SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shoe_string

Help, Am I Dreaming

shoe_string
9 years ago

Hey Everbody

I've been lurking this site while searching for owner builder info -- August, 2013 and hooked ever since. The knowledge and experience you share is unmatched. Luckily, we didn't purchase floor plans years ago as would've been in a world of trouble.

A while back, decided to return home, the countryside of 'up state' NC. Am planning to build first and forever home on already owned property -- estimating a 3-5 yr project. It will be 'pay as I go'.

The below Choice 1 has been my favorite over the past few years and Choice 2 more recently. Choice #1 is much too large and cannot afford to build as is. Choice # 2 is much too small, though more affordable. #2 would be perfect if there was a second level and about 2ksqs more. So I would like your help in finding cost cutting ways for Choice #1 -- I like everything except the roof and garage. I wonder is there a way to simplify the roof?

I have a list of 25 items which I think may cut building cost, but am I dreaming in thinking I can contract out the foundation, framing and roofing for $150-200k (material included)?? I am or locals are planning to do most of the interior work.

All comments, suggestions, etc. are greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Here are links that maybe helpful:
C#1. Http://saterdesign.com/product/fiddlers-creek/

C#2. Http://saterdesign.com/product/sondrio/

PS: not sure if links are clickable, If not, please let me know how. Thanks

Comments (7)