SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marleycat25_gw

Need current feed back on NXR

marleycat25
12 years ago

After weeks of research and shopping I still can't make a decision. My horrible kenmore electric smooth top cracked from corner to corner. I think I jinxed it. I am switching from electric to gas and really want to make the right choice.I am seriously considering a 30" NXR range, trying to see one first, but no luck. The chipping enamel issue is a bit scary and so is the oven thermostat issue posted by Libby. In looking at the dates on the different posts, it seems like the older posts are much more positive than the newer posts. Could the quality be going down?? Can't spend more than $2000 and I really hate all the electronics and gadgets on the mainstream models, (chicken nugget button...really?) I can get an American or Capital for around $3000 but just can't go that high. Please tell me that the newer models are just as good! Read a post on another site that said they were using a lower grade of stainless on the newer models, and that they were rusting... anyone have any experiences with the newer models made in 2011??? The only place I can find one is in Texas and I am in the Philadelphia area. I really love the look of this stove and the simple features, but don't want to make a $2000 mistake! I have to make a decision soon, my normally patient DH is putting the pressure on!!! He wants me up and cooking again!

Comments (21)