SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedee_2008_gw

Restaurant feed-back

deedee-2008
14 years ago

My DH and I tried a new (to us) restaurant last night that's been in operation for about 4 years. We always like to pick new ones to try (We probably eat out sans kids about every 4-6 weeks). This one I picked had rave reviews on the internet (4/5 stars), but I did not know anyone personally who dined there. It served "Americana-comfort food" with entrees ranging from $23 to $46. Well, to make this long story shorter, the food was not at all good. My DH's spring roll appetizer was actually over-fried/burnt on the edges, and very bland. His duck entree was not seasoned except for salt. My chopped caesar salad was limp in it's dressing, almost like day-old coleslaw would be, and my tomato-ricotta pie entree was OK though. So my question is, when your server/waiter comes and asks you "How's everything?" after you take your first bite, do you ever actually tell them the truth if the food is not good, or do you just say "Fine" like my DH and I do, and just sheepishly eat your unsatisfactory meal? My DH has sent things back to a kitchen if they are cold, etc, but if the food is just so-so, or not that great, we say nothing. I mean, what would they do in the kitchen to correct the over-salted duck if we said something? Then again, we were sorely disappointed in the food last evening, especially since we read those glowing reviews (who writes those things, anyhow?). Comments, anyone?

Comments (24)