SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crhbobby1

Starting Home Build - Introductions

crhbobby1
9 years ago

Hello everyone,

I have been working on this home build since about June of this year. We are building on farmland - and the process to do a "minor subdivision" took months. This was just to split 1 residential piece of land out of 40 acres. Our land will be 4 acres...and slopes gradually down from front to back - therefore we will have a walk out basement! We will be building about 300 feet from the road.

The home is a 1.5 story ranch. 2360 square foot split bedroom design, with an open kitchen and living room. The living room will have a cathedral ceiling with a stone fireplace going up to the peak (at least for now). The first floor will have 3 bedrooms on the first floor. The master closet has a second door that loops you into the laundry room. The laundry room has a door off of the mudroom.

The kitchen has a 10 foot island. At this point, I am looking at GE Profile appliances (we have a friends and family GE discount). I originally wanted to get a DCS gas stove just like on America's test kitchen - but really I think induction is where it is at. We will have a single wall oven (the PT9050), and an Advantium. It seems that people really like their advantiums - so that is how I decided on GE. I had Bosch and Electrolux on my list - but their speedcooks seem to not be as well liked as the Advantium.

The home will have a 12 by 14 screened in porch, a 19 by 12 deck.

The upstairs is 750 square foot including a flex space, office, and a 4th bedroom and full bath. We have an optional bonus room which at this point is a 500 foot storage room over the 3 car garage.

The walk out basement is 2360 square foot - and the plan is to leave it unfinished for now.

I am planning on installing geothermal - in order to keep our utility costs down. While the house looks small on the front...it really does have a lot of space to heat and cool.

I would post floor plans - but my plans from my builder say that I cannot duplicate them - so I have not posted them. I will repost the elevation drawings here.

Anyways - I just wanted to say Hello...during this process I will likely have questions so I throught I would introduce myself and my home project.

Comments (3)