SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thegolfguy_gw

Starting the Process of Home Building

thegolfguy
15 years ago

Hello to Everyone,

I came across this forum and website last week and seems to be a great place to check in and exchange ideas and gather information on all aspects of Home Building inside and out.

I have my Home Design picked out already and just looking for a place to put it. So I'm in the process of finding a lot or piece of land that will work that is around 5 acres give or take.

I have a book I put together that breaks down each room in the house with all the details laid out for each room along with a itemized list, product list and photos for each room (from magazines). I have also done this with the landscaping as well.

I feel this will help project the image I have myself but for the builder I will be working with and hopefully keep the price close to the estimated cost even though I have factored in much overflow to be on the safe side.

I think this is a good starting point but if I have missed or overlooked something that could make the process easier I'm always open to new ideas or maybe if someone did something different.

I would post a photo of the house since it was built before but I do not know how to post a photo yet on this forum.

Thank you very much!

Comments (28)