SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tobynkate

wolf df or dcs ag?

tobynkate
16 years ago

I remodeled my kitchen last year but didnÂt replace my relatively new KA range planning on doing it in a year or two. Well now is the time and I find I made a big mistake last year. I really want the 30" Wolf AG but it needs a rough opening of 30 1/4". And yes, I have only 30". Oh for an extra 1/4".

So what do I get instead? I have narrowed it down to the Wolf 30" DF or the DCS AG. I like the DCS burners  all simmer very low and seem to have good control even with LP. And itÂs about $900 cheaper than the Wolf. I have read all the posts I could find about each and thereÂs lots more info here about Wolf and most seem to really love their ranges, both AG and DF. Less info about the DCS. I called DCS to get some technical questions answered and had a terrible experience. CouldnÂt get the answers to some pretty basic questions and was put on hold for long periods and finally disconnected. DidnÂt give me confidence that if thereÂs a problem theyÂll be there.

I admit that I find the look of the Wolf much more appealing than the DCS. I had my heart set on the Wolf AG and the DF seems like the next best. I like the oven better than on the DCS but am little concerned about all the electronics. I could live with spending the extra money to get something I really love because I expect to have it for a very long time but will these electronics shorten the life of the range? Plus I have to run a 220 line for the DF.

Finally, all the discussions about electric vs gas ovens  I like to bake, breads and cookies etc. I also roast etc. While I understand there may be subtle differences in the performance between the two, are the differences significant enough that would make you regret choosing one or the other?

Comments (3)