SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Computer won't read new camera

lpinkmountain
14 years ago

Hi!

I've gotten some great help here in the past with buying more memory for my computer (Thanks!) so I'm back with a new problem maybe someone can help me with. I just bought a digital camera for the first time, a Kodak Easy Share M381, and I cannot get my computer to "read" it. I have installed the "software" which just seems to be about graphics and files and printing and downloading to Kodak's share Web site, none of which I want to fuss with. Doesn't seem to be a "driver" for the camera. Anyway, it connects to the computer through a USB cord. I know it can work because I downloaded some photos once. Now when I hook up the USB the computer doesn't read that drive. It reads my printer and keyboard which hook up via USB, but it shows nothing for the camera when I hook it up to the same USB ports. What's the trick? I've never had this problem before with other cameras I've used on other computers at work. This is the first camera I've tried to use with my home PC. I have an old Presario 2100 running Windows XP. I've hooked up other USB devices too, like a flash drive, with no problems.

Comments (14)