SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luis_pr

Want to build a Music CD

luis_pr
14 years ago

I want to start saving some songs to build a Music CD as a Christmas Present. It once used to be simple. I bought various CDs, copied the songs I liked to the PC and created a CD to play in the car. That was like 15 years ago so I am looking for the current way to do this as I did back then. The other stuff some people do is overly complicated. Here are a few questions?

1. Is it true that one can now buy (download) the specific song one wants rather than buy the whole CD as I used to done eons ago? Can you suggest a website(s) with selections of old songs 50-70s since the present is for my parents?

2. What type of music file suffix (Windows) is the one that is being used now a days when creating music files, WAV?

3. Do the websites that sell the music let you hear the song first so you can confirm that the song you want is the one to be downloaded?

I plan to create a CD myself by simply collecting the songs and moving the files into the CD.

Sorry, Itunes enthusiasts should not apply. I never understood it but it was too cumbersome.

I am not interested in anything illegal either.

This is a XP PC with no music software other than the one that may have come with XP.

TIA,

Luis

Comments (5)