SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gateway29_gw

Need blueprint advice ... GC forgot a room.

gateway29
14 years ago

I don't know if I have a legit set of blueprints, please help - it is imperitive to discovering what happened to my bedroom which was forgotten.

GC made a MAJOR snafu above garage by utilizing a ridiculous truss system and not lowering floor ... severely reducing usability of space which was to be our fourth bedroom. Unfortunately, we never had an interior view of garage on floor plans (designed w/his employee), only spoke verbally b/c this extra sq footage exceeded deed restrictions. Builder was just going to complete after inspector left - we saw similar house he did with this desired room and discussed that. I need a detailed plan of garage to see how builders were instructed and what went wrong!

After requesting a formal set of blueprints, I received a larger version of what I already had, and thought were floor plans. They show room sizes, windows, details on foundation and some engineer notes and reqs for materials, 4 views exterior house, cross section house with attic, only exterior of garage. Was told this was all there is ... and I can ask our designer to do something more detailed for thousands ...

I DO NOT have any info on lot and placement of house, plumbing, electrical, most importantly a cross-section of garage. Can someone really build a house with this little info?

Thanks

Comments (7)