SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tikanas2

wanted: i'm having a party!!

Tikanas2
18 years ago

I received a wonderful swap package from Susie Que and I am having a Tapas party! Although I received the pkg a few days ago and emailed Susie, I delayed posting because I had hoped to post the pics I took, but don't seem to be able to do that, darn it! Maybe I can email them to someone?

I now have everything I need for a Tapas party! First off, the box came packed with LOTS of small candies (snacks for while opening...)Everthing was beautiffully wrapped. Enclosed was a letter from Susie. Apparently our Susie doesn't know the meaning of the words "MINI swap", because she sent....

A wonderful book of Tapas recipes with gorgeous photos. Then came a bottle of Spanish olive oil. Susie had read that as a child I did not like sardines but that I was willing to try again, so she sent sardines packed in tomato sauce and another tin of them packed in olive oil. I tried them and I LIKE THEM NOW!!

The next item opened was a large jar of tuna stuffed giant green olives. These are delish! Then came a set of six small, square tapas plates in yellow and green with toothpicks for spearing and serving the treats I intend to make.

I saved the very best for last. Susie sent a GORGEOUS black china serving platter and the cutest liitle green leaf plate that is perfect for condiments.

I am planning a Tapas party and will try several of the recipes in my new book. Susie and I share another litle secret about this theme, but I can't spill the beans quite yet : )

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Susie! You picked the PERFECT theme for me! You chose things for me that I would have coveted had I seen them in the stores! Your follow up email was touching as well. I look forward to getting to know you even better!

(((HUGS)))

Tikanas

PS: DS says that "those olives rock" : )

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor