SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polarprincess

PLease help..computer is beyond speeding up now i think

polarprincess
14 years ago

I have had my computer since 2002. It is XP 512 ram, 40 gb HD- or is it 80? can't remember.. anyway, i have a list of all the things to do to speed up performance and run scans of malware, adaware etc..and they no longer help either.. I recently went through my photos and deleted a huge amount and also some songs and emptied the recycle bin and it still tells me i am out of system memory. I did disk clean up and disk defrag but it told me i don't have enough memory to do that- and to get rid of more files etc.. my hotmail inbox has 15,000 messages in it.. could this affect my speed at all? I assumed since it has it's own storage that it doesn't affect my computer.

When i try to load a webpage i first get this page cannot be displayed and i have to click refresh in order to view it. Then it loads in sections..and takes a long time. I can no longer run 2 different programs at once or it freezes up... so basically i think it is just time to upgrade and i have been looking for awhile now and have a few questions:

If i buy a computer with Windows Vista that has a free upgrade to Windows 7 is this going to be something simple to install or is it going to be a pain?

Is it true that getting anything more than 4GB of memory for the Vista is a waste and that it doesn't use it? I want something with a large hard drive, but again, is there such a thing as too big, and i am wondering wheni switch to windows 7 will whatever size HD and memory i get still be enough for that operating system?

Will a 9500 processor really be that much faster than a T4200? I just need to make sure we get a really fast one next time because this one is driving us insane.My internet speed through my provider is 512k..am i better off upping that?

What will i need to buy to transfer my files? Just a transfer cord or a portable hard drive or whAT? If i transfer files that have a virus i am unaware of, will it be transferred to the new computer?

How about a modem or a router? which will i need if i want to use 2 computers in my house? and if i want to use a laptop and a desktop do i then need to buy a wireless card and a router?

Lots of questions, i hope someone can help me- thanks

Comments (34)

• justme4now
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

polarprinces
    Your emails on Hotmail have nothing to do with your storage or memory capacity as they are stored on the Hotmail servers.

The 80GB harddrive is sorely in need of replacement.
    You can purchase 1TB harddrives now for under $100.00 (1TB=1024GB or almost 14 times the amount you have now)

Your 512 megs of memory on xp (or any other system, IMHO)is the bare minimum. (Memory is really inexpensive nowadays)

As far as Vista goes: If you have the 64BIT OS it can utilize all 8GB's of memory.. and even more. The 32BIT system cannot.

As far as going from vista to Windows7 .. I'm not sure if that will work like my system here did.
    The disk that came with my unit came with the 32BIT and the 64BIT OS on it and it was my choice to go with either one .. or both.
    My vista has the intel core2 Q9300 Quad Core and it is plenty.

If you purchase a new pc, ask whomever you are buying from if that is the case. (I am almost certain that it will be)

The install .. on either is very easy and should give you no problems.

Yes, you can transfer a virus, Trojan etc. etc. from one pc to another and instead of using up another 1,000 words on How to transfer your files .. I have provided a link.

A modem, wireless router and USB adapter is one way to connect two pc's that are in separate rooms. The new pc, I am almost certain will already come with wireless capabilities.

When and if you buy a new pc, Make Sure that the PSU (power supply) is adequate and No Less than 500 watts!
    The makers tend to ALWAYS put in undersized power units!

Last but certainly not least .. Yes a faster DSL connection will speed things up. 8)

Here is a link that might be useful: File Transfers

• justme4now
    14 years ago

To TRY and straighten out the garbled mess of a paragraph (or should I say paragraphs) that I posted above .. I will put them in the "correct" order here! LOL

===========================

As far as going from vista to Windows7 .. I'm not sure if that will work like my system here did.

The disk that came with my unit came with the 32BIT and the 64BIT OS on it and it was my choice to go with either one .. or both.

If you purchase a new pc, ask whomever you are buying from if that is the case. (I am almost certain that it will be)

The install .. on either is very easy and should give you no problems.

• Related Discussions

Please Help! I think I killed my Rhodie.

Q

Comments (5)
    So I got home and dug this sucker up. There were some very fine roots when I scraped away the mulch. I stuck my shovel in and made a wide circle around the plant and got it up. There was some of the original root ball, but when I went to cut some slits into it... most of it came off. Still going to soak it for maybe a half hour. The soil and rootball was actually fairly moist. The shovel cut through the soil pretty easily, although, the soil did seem pretty jam packed... uncertain if it is clay based. I've chopped the soil up to try to make it not one big clump and will not stomp it down like I did when I first planted it. I may mix in a little potting soil for added fluff. I do also have a pellet form of plant food for Rhodies and Azaleas, so I may sprinkle some of that in as well. Here's hoping. I just hope I didn't lose half of what roots there were when I pulled it up. :(
    ...See More

Alrighty. I *think* I am part of the 95% done club now....Pics..

Q

Comments (38)
    Thank you all! You are making me so happy. :) I am not really a cook and have to say that the new space is inspiring me. I love being in the kitchen. Roserx - the faucet is Grohe's Bridgeford. It is awesome. Megaul - the window is an Andersen 400 series. The sides are casements and the center is a fixed picture. The dimensions are 6 feet wide by 3 feet tall. We originally discussed a taller window but it didn't work out and now I am so glad - with the taller backsplash behind the sink we get to see more granite and we don't have all the water splash on the window! :) I love my new window! :)
    ...See More

a heads up re: Bed Bath & Beyond coupons

Q

Comments (17)
    pammyfay, as with so many other things in life, some people abuse coupon policies and ruin it for everyone else. Many if not most of the stores (not just BB&B/LNT) around here will not accept printed-from-the-Internet coupons or anything except original coupons as provided by the store or manufacturer, because there are so many "forged" and "doctored" coupons out there. This is a particular problem around here with Lowes and Home Depot, there are big signs at the checkouts reading "we do not accept Internet coupons". Accepting competitors' coupons is getting to be a real rarity, too, as are price-match policies with any teeth in them to give you any incentive to shop at store A instead of store B if they both have the same items (f'rinstance I got into a polite argument with the manager at Lowes because their TV ads about how they match any other store's price plus give you 10% more off are misleading, they only give you the 10% if they have the item on the sales floor at the time of purchase - if it has to be ordered, even off their own website or transferred from another store because they normally have it but just don't have any on hand, no 10%!). I try to call ahead and ask. BTW, the LNT here will not accept BB&B's (or anyone else's) coupons, nor their own expired coupons, nor more than one coupon in a transaction (and you better not try the "buy one item with a coupon, take it out to your car and come back in to buy another item with another coupon" routine more than once or twice, it doesn't fly at this one), and there's a list as long as your arm of all the things you can't use coupons on. This LNT's policies have always been MUCH more restrictive than BB&B's, so I've always been surprised at how accomodating BB&B's policies are! Neither store keeps a coupon at the register anymore though; I asked at BB&B a couple of weeks ago, explaining that I had moved and was not getting coupons at my new place yet. The manager signed me up for the mailing list again and suggested Freecycle or eBay! LOL If I have coupons I'm not using, I always offer them to someone else in the store. I've also been known to just leave them on a shelf near the checkouts if the clerk won't let me leave them at the checkout itself for the next person. (If it's a direct-mail coupon I always scratch out the name/address/barcode, I'm not quite as dumb as I look! Almost, but not quite.) I also shamelessly admit to picking through the trash bins at the exit if I'm going in and need a coupon, since some people just throw them away rather than leaving them for someone to use. The local supermarket has these silly "save up points" things where they give you points for spending a certain dollar amount that you can later redeem for percent-off coupons or a turkey or some such foolishness, but I never get enough points for any reward by the time each one of these promotional periods ends because we just don't spend enough. The manager said they were transferable so I tuck the little "you have earned 1 point" slips in the candy display for someone else to take and use. Just seems, I dunno, unfriendly not to. It's not like it costs me anything.
    ...See More

Now that I have [X], I think I could have lived without it.

Q

Comments (135)
    -Prep sink. This may be useful in a multi-cook household or a huge kitchen, but I hardly ever used the one I had and it was just once more thing to clean. -Garbage disposal. My worms do a much better job, don't take up electricity and never smell or require cleaning. -Fancy multi-function toaster, oven, rotisserie, pizza, etc. Does nothing well. -Trash can with a motion sensor. Everyone I know who has one has them break in under a year. Mine only took 4 months to break. A foot pedal is much more reliable and a lot cheaper to replace. -Stainless steel sink. What a pain to clean. You can call it patina, butafter a while they don't look clean no matter what you do. (The one in my apartment right now looks positively foul no matter how much Barkeeper's Friend you use.) Of course cast iron will eventually chip and I don't know if the granite composite sinks will stand the test of time -Range-top grill. Only pay for these if you have a bodacious vent system and no way to have an outdoor grill. They are better than the George Foreman-like grills but not a patch on a decent outdoor gas grill or charcoal. ---- As for sink tip-outs... since discovering them I have knocked the front panel off every sink in every home I've rented or owned and installed these. In the bathroom they are perfect for the tweezers and nail files and such. In the kitchen, the sponges, scrubbers, stoppers and the toothbrush you use for cleaning around the faucet plate are neatly hidden away but close at hand. Love 'em!
    ...See More
  • owbist
    14 years ago

Justme4now has answered most of your questions. However with Windows 7 being released on October 22nd why not wait till then to buy your new machine? It is just 3 weeks away now. That way there will be no upgrading to be concerned about.

Even with 4 gigs of RAM a 32 bit computer can only use something over 3 gigs. Buying a 64 bit machine may cause more grief than necessary as developers seem slow or reluctant to create the 64 bit software to run on those computers.

Perhaps you are a bit of a packrat and keep everything. If so and you would like to keep this computer a little longer then consider adding another hard drive. Either as an external or have it installed in the tower then you can merrily transfer huge amounts of 'stuff' over there and make a difference to your performance. You would need to check if the current computer can take a SATA drive, that way it can be moved to a new computer as and when you buy one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Polarprincess' original thread

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks for responding.. i did not realize the new system was coming out that soon. I thought it was not until until january. I definitely can wait 3 weeks for it, but am still confused as to whether buying more than 4 GB of memory would be worth the money on windows 7 if i get a 64 bit or does know one know that yet? You mention the vista 64 bit can, but wasn't Vista a memory hog anyway? Maybe 4 GB is more than enough on 7? I am willing to spend the money to have speed, and enough space but don't want to have a HD and Memory to the point of ridiculousness either.

I would love to also add some memory and hard drive space to this computer so the kids can have it, but i don't really have anywhere to take it to have it installed where i live, and i highly doubt i could figure it out.

The most important question of all is so how can i be certain that i am not transferring infected files? Is there some way to tell a file is infected before it is transferred. According to all the scans i ran last i do not have any infections that i know of, but with all the zillions of files i have i tend to think that there has to be an infection embedded somewere.

• owbist
    14 years ago

Ha ha, I love parents who will buy a new computer and let the children have the old one. Never works! Kids are far too smart for that trick.

OK if you want to enhance this older computer memory is very easy to install. No screws unless they are holding the tower side on and these days many have thumb screws. Look on the back for fasteners holding on the left side as you look at the case. Those 2 screws need removing AFTER you have shut down and removed the power cord from the back of the tower. Leaving the power cord in even shut down still allows power to the motherboard.

Check this short video to see how it is done. CAUTION, he said to ground yourself but failed to mention how. Simply rest a bare hand or arm on the metal frame of the case as you work inside. This is not to protect you but protects the delicate electronics inside from static electricity.

Here is the link to the Crucial site he mentioned, click to have them scan your computer for recommendations on what you need. RAM can be bought locally or online once you have this info.

Four megs on Windows 7 is good, that is what I have and it comes as a matched pair for best performance. Oh, and I believe the Windows 7 DVD comes with both a 32 bit and 64 bit version but it can still only be used on one computer.

I do not follow 64 bit very much, as a pensioner I have to watch the pennies so stick with 32 bit so all my software programs will work.

Adding an internal hard drive is very easy too, once the left side is off you remove 4 screws, a 80 ribbon cable and a 4 wire power cable if you are replacing. If adding just find a slot and stick it in. Use 4 screws supplied with the retail version to hold it in place. Attach the included 80 wire cable to the secondary connection on the motherboard and to the back of the hard drive and find a spare power cable hanging inside and connect it. With the 80 ribbon cable it is near impossible to put it on backwards these days as there is a small riser on the cable which corresponds with the socket on both the motherboard and the drive. Same with the power cord, 2 edges are chamfered making it very hard to err.

As an aside, if I were adding another drive on that machine I would replace the existing drive. Install the new drive then your XP and safety programs and start off all squeaky clean. This is assuming you have the XP CD and all the software CD's. Afterwards you can re-install the old drive, copy all you need from it to the new one then reformat that too so everything is in great shape.

Re any virus when transferring. Simple, run a full anti virus scan on the old machine before you start transferring data.

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

well i keep thinking once i get all my pictures and music tranferred to the new computer then i can delete all those files off of this computer and then it will have all kinds of space. if that doesn't work then maybe i will consider buying more memory etc..
    About running a virus scan on the machine before transferring files, can't there be imbedded infections the scan doesn't find like worms and trojans etc? i remember a couple of years back, i had a nightmare with a vundo that took me 2 weeks to get rid of that the scans never found..
    About the 32 and 64 bit, can you explain to me a little bit about what those 2 mean? why would it cost you more pennies to run the 64 bit, and what do you mean all your software won't work with the 64 bit? why is that??
    thanks

• owbist
    14 years ago

You run, or should run, an anti virus and anti malware program periodically. So when you decide to transfer the data run a full (not the quick version) scan with your anti virus program then with something like Malwarebytes and you will be good to go.

Click here for a FAQ on the differences in 32 and 64 bit Windows operating systems.

Click here for the difference between 32 and 64 bit processors - or CPU.

As I stated above my knowledge of 64 bit is very limited. Software can be expensive and everything I have has worked on XP and will work on Windows 7 32 bit operating system. Why am I going to fight that? Programmers have been very slow to embrace the 64 bit architecture including anti virus programs. No point have a swift computer but wildly exposed to all kinds of viruses. Just my thoughts of course.

• justme4now
    14 years ago

polarprincess

This is just my opinion.

If you are going to purchase a new pc .. and you have the choice .. opt for the 64 BIT system.

I believe that in the near future, they will phase out the 32BIT for the 64BIT system. (IMPO)

There were some problems with finding drivers and software for the 64BIT but that is no longer the case .. (at least I haven't had any problems)and most 64BIT systems can utilize any of the software/drivers that 32BIT systems use.

Memory will always be limited on the 32BIT whereas .. I've heard arguments that the 64BIT can go as high as 16 Terabytes! That is in the neighborhood of around 16,000 GB'S!
    Heck i've heard some Xperts(sic) argue for "infinite" memory. 8)

Space Shuttle Anyone? LOL

• genes
    14 years ago

PP: I echo JM4Ns comment about 64 bit. I too would take the option. I have been using Vista Ultimate 64 bit for the last year and have had absolutely no problems with any software or AV

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    14 years ago

I would definitely go with the 64BIT system my daily windows pc is a 64 bit system but I do not run a windows 64 version on it I run a 32 bit windows version, so no problem with any software, if in the future I choose to go 64bit I am ready since my system is a 64 bit system. I have never had a problem with too little memory I can put the max for 32 bit in and that is plenty for me, I do not have it maxed out currently and this pc is fast, as fast as I need it.

I would most definitely run malwarebytes free and superantispyware free on your pc to check for any type of malware prior to transferring any files. I use usb flash drives, I have one dedicated for each pc for files only, I also have a usb hard drive which I can image the drives to.
    The more backups the better.

while you are at it cleaning that old pc when was the last time you opened the case and cleaned the insides and got the dust out? a dirty inside will slow down and kill a pc.
    Cleaning the computer and its components

and get rid of any old programs you have on it that you do not use through add remove programs, it may still have stuff on it that came with it that you never use if so eliminate it.

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks for all the info about the 32 and 64 bit..so now my final question is this... it looks like i will be waiting for the windows 7.. to keep within a certain price yet hoping for the fastest computer i can afford..which 2 things will matter more and why?? Size of hard drive, amount of memory, processor size/speed, or internet connection speed?

• justme4now
    14 years ago

#1: Internet Connection
    #2: Processor
    #3: Ram
    #4: Video Card

Why the Internet connection first?
    You can load up all the RAM you can fit in your machine and have the fastest processor known to man but .. If your on dial-up .. Well, I think that you get the point. 8)

Processor is number 2 because .. again, you can have all the RAM in the world but if your CPU is slow .. So is your pc.

Ram is number 3 because .. If you don't have enough of it you wind up using Virtual Memory which Will slow down your hard-drive And your processing speed.

One that you overlooked and which most people Do overlook is your video card!
    Most everything Has to run through the video card and if you have a cheap card..you have a S-L-O-W card and along with it, a slow pc.

Hard-drive has virtually nothing to do with speed.
    As a matter of fact, it can be argued that a bigger hard-drive is going to be slower than a smaller drive.

• justme4now
    14 years ago

You know, after thinking about my answer (for a couple of hours) I really wish that you had made this a different post.

I'm afraid that a lot of folks might think that this (thread) is an old one and all of the answers have been given and wont bother to read it.

I really hope that there is more input from others because I DO find this to be a Really interesting question and I hope that others will chime in with their thoughts.
    I am always learning and love to hear from others on topics such as this.

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks for the response- we will see how it goes, maybe i will make a new post. I can go from 512 k internet speed to 1024 for $10 more a month..so you are saying that is the number one thing i should do...the video card thing is interesting because on thi computer i spent $35 extra to get a video card they recommended but i never used it because i did not know what it was for..so if i can find it i assume i should install it? So in my new computer, what should i look for in an internet car so that it wouldn't be considered a "cheap" one? thanks

• cat_ky
    14 years ago

Polar Princess, you are also running very little ram. You might find that you would do a lot better with that computer, if you add another stick of ram. The 512 ram in your computer, is bare minimum for running XP. I would deal with the ram, and a good clean up, and maintenance, before I upped my internet. I am on my Windows XP now, and I do have the 512k internet speed, and I have an 80 gig hardrive on this machine. It is NOT a slow computer. Another thing is to make sure that everything you have on there is not running at startup. That will slow you down considerably. Good Luck

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    14 years ago

you use your video card every time you turn on that computer, every time you are viewing any type of video on line, any type of flash animation, any type of moving picture you use your video card all the time, they come with every computer you can either accept the standard that most computers come with or you can pay more for a better quality one.

I personally get the highest speed internet connection I can afford, if you look at the thread where we are showing our internet speed tests you can see the various speeds some of us have and you can test yours from the links on that thread to see where you are in comparison.

Hard drive size is totally unrelated to your speed question, the question you would have to ask yourself is how much stuff do I want to be able to store on my hard drive, if you do a lot of pictures and videos things that are large file sizes you would want a larger hard drive to store that, if you do general use stuff you would not need as large a hard drive, I generally say for this day for general use go for around 350Gig, if you want to go up to 500gig fine, that will hold a LOT of stuff. With a 500Gig drive you can easily create 2 partitions in it and use the second partition to back up your system to or store your data files separately.

Most computers you would run in to in stores now will be dual or quad core processors which are plenty speedy, I personally prefer AMD brand processors over Intel, I have just had better luck with them and really like AMD.

Memory I tend to like to get the max since memory is cheap and having plenty of memory is essential to a good running pc.

One thing I would add to the list is to make sure the pc has a good size power supply, that is one thing some manufacturers do skimp on, I personally would not go under a 500. I also like to have plenty of fans in my computer, a hot running pc is going to be a pc that will die much sooner than a cool running pc. You can add fans to any pc, they make them that fit in the available open slots in the back of the pc, or if you have extra spaces in the front for drives not being used you can get fans that fit in those slots too.
    And maintain the inside of your pc, if you do not open the case and clean the inside of your pc on a regular basis you will have a hot running pc and a pc with problems, heat is the number one killer. Which is why I mentioned earlier to clean out that pc you have and gave you the link on how to do it.
    I have a clear side on my case so I can see at all times if mine is getting dirty, I think they should all have clear sides, I love to see the insides.

If you have to save on price remember that RAM can always be added later, it is cheap and it is the easiest thing for a user to do themselves.

My questions for you are what antivirus program are you currently using on your pc? Some like Norton and McAfee are huge programs which on a system as stressed as yours can cause the pc to really drag when trying to do more than one thing at a time.
    What other security protection do you have on the pc and how often do you update and run scans?
    Is your Antivirus program working, does it get daily updates, and do you scan the pc fully on a regular basis?
    Do you have programs on your pc that you do not use?
    Is your computer up to date on all critical windows updates?

My questions are to help you see that if you do not do your part on security and maintenance on any pc it won't matter if you buy the best one available, the pc will not be able to function to it's potential.
    The user is quite often the biggest problem with any pc.

Since you have been existing with a pc that has so little ram and such an extremely small hard drive believe me any current day pc will seem like a race car in comparison.

• zep516
    14 years ago

Lets see what your pc looks like now just to get an idea follow instructions below,

Click Here to download HJTInstall.exe
    Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    Â Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    Â By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    Â Click on Install.
    Â It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    Â Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    Â Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    Â Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" and Paste the entire contents of the log (no attachments) into your next post.
    DO NOT use the AnalyzeThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
    DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what HJT lists will be harmless or even required by your Operating System.

• zep516
    14 years ago

On that page click where it says EXECUTABLE and start the download.

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i would have never guessed that you could choose power supply.. i had never heard of that. lots to know i guess. I will definitely check into adding more ram..with all the things i have done to this computer to clean it out i just cannot believe it is still this slow. i could swear it all started with zone alarm running in the background. As for virus info, i use AVG free. I have it set to run scans daily. I also run all the other scans that have been recommended here at certain intervals, i do the disk cleanup etc... and as mentioned just removed a significant amount of photos from my hard drive space, and that didn't help anything.
    Also as i have mentioned on another thread i have an issue with all my pages coming up 'this page cannot be displayed"- i have to click refresh every time i go to a webpage- so something definitely is amiss.
    here is my hijack this log:
    Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 3:32:38 PM, on 10/4/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16876)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozybackup.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mm_tray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe
    C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
    C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozystat.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgscanx.exe
    C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS10
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - "3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0> - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - "53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F> - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - "5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890> - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - "9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6> - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - "DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9> - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_12\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mm_tray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mimboot.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [diagent] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe" startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WeatherOnTray] C:\Program Files\Hotbar\bin\4.5.1.0\WeatherOnTray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdobeUpdater] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1
    O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: MozyHome Status.lnk = C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozystat.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - "CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE> - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - "e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583> - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - "e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583> - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - "FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683> - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - "FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683> - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: "CAFECAFE-0013-0001-0026-ABCDEFABCDEF> (JInitiator 1.3.1.26) - https://eservices.saskferco.com:4443/forms/jinitiator/jinit.exe
    O16 - DPF: "F04A8AE2-A59D-11D2-8792-00C04F8EF29D> (Hotmail Attachments Control) - http://lw9fd.law9.hotmail.msn.com/activex/HMAtchmt.ocx
    O16 - DPF: "F5A7706B-B9C0-4C89-A715-7A0C6B05DD48> (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab56986.cab
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - "F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1> - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    O23 - Service: MozyHome Backup Service (mozybackup) - Mozy, Inc. - C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozybackup.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://www.greys-media.com/main.jpg

--
    End of file - 8222 bytes

• zep516
    14 years ago

Hi,

Close all browser windows only have hijackthis open, DO A SYSTEM SCAN ONLY. After scan is done Place a check mark in the following entries in hijackthis:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_12\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mm_tray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mimboot.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [diagent] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe" startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WeatherOnTray] C:\Program Files\Hotbar\bin\4.5.1.0\WeatherOnTray.exe You have 2 weather programs running keep the one you want.

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdobeUpdater] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe This is the other weather program..

O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe

Now CLICK FIXED CHECKED.

CLOSE HIJACKTHIS.

REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER.

EMPTY THE RECYCLE BIN.

THEN:

Please post a New hijackthis log. That is open hijackthis do a system scan and save a log file post that new log after you do the fixes.

We are only turning off start up Items hijackthis makes backups if needed we can restore any Item if a function is lost.

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 7:01:25 PM, on 10/4/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16876)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozybackup.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
    C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozystat.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS10
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - (3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0) - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - (53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F) - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - (5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - (9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6) - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - (DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9) - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: MozyHome Status.lnk = C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozystat.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - (CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE) - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - (e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583) - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - (e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583) - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - (FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683) - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - (FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683) - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: (CAFECAFE-0013-0001-0026-ABCDEFABCDEF) (JInitiator 1.3.1.26) - https://eservices.saskferco.com:4443/forms/jinitiator/jinit.exe
    O16 - DPF: (F04A8AE2-A59D-11D2-8792-00C04F8EF29D) (Hotmail Attachments Control) - http://lw9fd.law9.hotmail.msn.com/activex/HMAtchmt.ocx
    O16 - DPF: (F5A7706B-B9C0-4C89-A715-7A0C6B05DD48) (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab56986.cab
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - (F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1) - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    O23 - Service: MozyHome Backup Service (mozybackup) - Mozy, Inc. - C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozybackup.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://www.greys-media.com/main.jpg

--
    End of file - 6080 bytes

• zep516
    14 years ago

Better, how is computer running now. Be back later today.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    14 years ago

wow lot of stuff starting up that could definitely slow you down.

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

well i just got home and i had left my computer on all day in sleep mode and it took me at least 8 minutes or so to get on the internet, then another 4 or so to get onto facebook, then another 1 or 2 to get here.. i also noticed that i have to manually turn on zone alarm now. I just don't get it.. like i said it seems like nothing helps..is my mistake in that i leave my computer on and hardly ever shut it down? I have not taken the cover off and cleaned it out yet like has been suggested, so i will do that soon. Thanks again everyone for all your help.

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ok now that i have been on here a little bit..it is running better... took it's time to get going.. but definitely somewhat better. thanks so much

• zep516
    14 years ago

How long have you been using Zone Alarm?, Zone Alarm can cause issues on some machines Zonealarm mainly causes a startup delay on some machines.

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i have been using it for quite some time. For the longest time though i had to shut it off when i came on the computer because it would not let me online, until you all helped me figure that out.. i would say yes it does make a difference in speed when it is on or off, but do i dare go without it?

• zep516
    14 years ago

No you can't go with out a firewall. Sounds like it's working OK now.

• cat_ky
    14 years ago

You might remove it, and install another firewall. Zone Alarm has never worked properly for me. It has always slowed down my computer. I had Tiny Firewall for years, and it did an excellent job. I am now using Comodo (free), and have had it for almost 2 yrs, and it does an excellent job, and there is no slowing down of the PC.

• susieq07
    14 years ago

Add memory it's easy!! instructions are on the pkg.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    14 years ago

when was the last time you ran an updated malwarebytes scan?
    I would definitely try that too, get the latest version, hit update, run full scan lets see what it says, let it clean what it finds.
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

it is essential to always have the most updated version

• lazy_gardens
    14 years ago

PolarPrincess -
    If you have a USB port, buy an external hard drive that connects to the USB port and copy ALL of your data (pictures and other personal files) to it. Then your data is safe and you can clean up the rest of the system.

If not, burn them to CD for safety.

THEN:
    1 - Empty the Trash
    2 - Search for files on the entire system, using this search pattern" *.bak
    (those are temporary files that can be deleted)
    3 - Delete all of those files.
    4 - Empty the trash again.
    5 - Search for all *.tmp files and delete them
    6 - Empty the trash again.

7 - Run the Windows XP "check disk" utility as described here: http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html

It may take quite a while ...

8 - Then try running the defragmentation program.

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

sorry for not responding..been running with the kids sports.. will try and run that scan friday evening, and next week i will be going to besy buy and i will check out adding more memory and an external hard drive etc...before i go ahead and buy a new computer

• polarprincess
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I ran the malwarebytes full scan-it took 7 hours but found 0 problems which.I was happy to see.