SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericaa_gw

30" AG Wolf or Thermador + hood

ericaa
11 years ago

Hi All, After hours and hours of searching and reading, I have come to posting, on what is clearly a well-discussed topic over the years.

I am replacing a 30" Frigidaire Professional Series all gas range. I originally thought DCS. I had wanted self-cleaning, but not for $1000 more. Local dealer does not sell DCS, which brings me, by eliminating Capital, Berta, GE and Electrolux, and with the salesman's recommendation, to the Wolf and Thermador Pro Harmony.

I prefer the look of the Thermador with its big window, and its 3x rolly racks and slightly larger internal depth. The Pro Grand door is much nicer than the Pro Harmony but I don't have the space to do a range that deep. I prefer the Wolf burners - they look more versatile. I am fairly stuck. Thinking that I'll get Wolf based on GW reviews and compromise on aesthetics. Should I worry about the interior depth, given that I'm sticking with just a 30" range?

Next, the under-cabinet hood: Salesman recommended Best by Broan with mesh filters not baffles as it will be quieter at low speeds. I prefer the look of the XOT (with baffles), but the lights are at the back only. Any opinion on which is better?

Thanks!

Comments (4)