SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skibum1026_gw

What appliance package would you choose? Thermador or Wolf?

skibum1026
13 years ago

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting after A LOT of looking on the site. The info has been very informative but I am at the point now where I have some specific questions. So we had a huge house fire in December and the entire house is being gutted and re-done. We are doing a new kitchen and are considering the following packages:

Thermador 36" Range top, 6 burner $2999

30" freedom column fridge panel ready $4499

30" freedom column freezer panel ready $3999

double oven, professional line $5499

dishwasher incuded in package $0

low profile island hood included in package $0 Total w/ tax: $18,228.21

36" Wolf Range top, 6 burners $3199

30" wolf double oven (nicer one) $6099

27" Sub zero fridge panel ready $5599

27" Sub zero Freezer panel ready $5699

Asko panel ready dishwasher $0

Wolf or best island hood, lowest profile available $2799 Total w/ tax after instant rebate $23,491.14

(Is there substantial savings by going with the 36" top fridge, bottom freezer panel ready sub zero fridge?) $6849 Total w/ tax after instant rebate $19,019.59

If budget got squeezed at all we were thinking this is the "economical" option:

Wolf 36" cooktop $1799

Downdraft ventilation $1328

Samsung counter depth french door fridge $2450

$2500 double oven (something nice in this range) Electrolux EW30EW65GS $2999

panel ready american dishwasher KUDE40FXPA $1000

The store is also giving us a new Samsung washer for half off and the dryer for $1 with any of the packages above. WF410ANW $500 DV410AGW $1

The sales guy is really pushing the wolf package. If we went with Thermador, we'd get almost 5' of built in fridge for around that $18,200 number (plus the $1,500 savings for laundry). To make the Wolf package comparable we'd need to go with the 36" built in sub zero (panel ready and even then we are $1,500 more. This does include an extra $1,000 for the nicer wolf double oven, so factor in the lesser on of those and we could get even more comparable.

So my question is, what would you choose and why? I know the wolf and sub-zero is "better" all around, but Thermador has the better looks for the wall oven and a lot more fridge space. The salesperson did say thought that Thermador has only been doing refrigeration for 3 years compared to sub-zero's 40 years. And he showed us the difference in all the little details Wolf has, even explaining that any company that puts a dark "speckled" finish on the interior of their ovens expects chips to happen and sets it up to have it not be noticeable compared to Wolf's bright blue interior which is a very thick enamel.

Thanks in advance to your feedback!

Comments (6)