SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinktoes_gw

Should I push DH into the excavation pit now?

pinktoes
16 years ago

Well, actually I can't because we haven't even broken ground yet. We are, however, at the 2 year anniversary of starting to look for land. At the 1 year anniversary of starting to develop a building plan. I just got the first review plan back from the draftsman. I--since he finds it way too confusing--I have been working on corrections, changes, documentation of same, etc. pretty much nonstop since 1 pm Thursday. Sleeping a few hours in my spare time, and this is not the first time for that! All things considered, I'm in a fairly good mood.

Especially given that I was awakened in the wee hours by gun fire. Twice. (Neighbors say there was more that I slept through). This is a "declining neighborhood" where we've toughed it out for 18 years, trying to save to build our house. It wasn't like this when we moved here. Cops say 2 rival gangs have moved in and we've known that, and had incidents nearby before. But this was a bit more alarming.

SO, as I handed DH 7 pages of 2' x 3' red-inked, scaled drawings to take to Kinko's and copy for me he said, "You know, if you'd fold these and send them 2nd day service we could save TEN DOLLARS on UPS fees."

He is still alive--so far. Only because it struck me as funny. I laughed and said, "Don't even. Every extra day we delay is another day on which we might take bullets and then it won't matter how long the plans take to get there."

These little moments are ones I shall treasure. He's a lucky man that a have a dark sense of humor--and a huge appreciation for irony (that bitter form of comedy).

WTF??!!!

Comments (31)